Tuesday, November 22, 2005

So lately I've been pondering about relationships, women, the whole mysterious and so called "love life".

As people from the moment we are born to the books we read, the movies we watch there seems to be this general tendency of finding this "one" or sharing your life with this person whom you see to be compatible.

But this "one" does it really exist? Perhaps it is just a figment of our imagination that we make up due to the amount of media that we consume that molds the way we think and perceive.
Do we really need these lifelong partners in life? Is man really that weak without a woman by his side?

Do you guys rather just bone and chuck her away and have no emotional attachment or do you seek more to it than just that?

For some, they pursue relationships that are meaningful and long-lasting the favored 'committed' types. For others, they just want a good fuck n chuck, I won't mention any names but yes there are those.

And at the same time the people that "fear these committed relationships" because this woman will have a good grasp of your nuts and control you and pull you this way and that, yet at the same time why are we not committed? Fear of being hurt? Fear of falling love and being vulnerable? Or perhaps you just fear what you may become, a big softy and all your friends around you (including me) will make bitch and complain and poke fun at you.

Either way, I think we are all getting to the age where we need to be more serious in life and the way we perceive things. We can't be 38 and hit on 20 year olds at the club, god that would be horrendous but cool at the same time. But even if you were to have that hot wife when you're 50.. she's just using you as a bank, do you really expect that you will have this amazign chemistry and compatability with this person? I highly doubt that because although you may want to, unlike that she will look at you in that way.

So I say, next relationship I walk in, I am going to take it more seriously. If i'm in a relationship, I think its time for me to make that every attempt to hope for the best and give my all (or as much as I can) and see where it goes.

But when I'm single.. its a totally different story, I'll just let you guys assume what I would do or be doing or yeah....

2 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Blogger Triple D said...

hehe indeed... stage 2.

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trailer Park:
Why the commitment-phobes view relationships as a scary thing is beyond me.. I wonder if they ever think that it is something they can benefit from. They pretty much think that they're life is over after the gal steps into the picture.. you know the whole ball & chain ordeal. I think some were born to be bachelors for life.. in this century, marriage doesn't hold the same value & importance as it once did.

So keeping that in mind, I say who cares.. Just roll with it man, if you meet the gal of your dreams & you are the happiest you have ever been, go for it & never let her go.. but if you are just as happy being alone & whore-ing it out, why not?! Who says marriage is necessarily the next step?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home