Hello everyone!
I've never done this before, but I thought I learn and start doing this "blog" thing. This is pretty neat.
I just came back from India this past Sunday...and I'm so jetlagged it's not even funny. I'm debilitated! I was there for about 2 1/2 weeks for a conference. It was awesome! We were in Goa, the "resorty" place of the brown. I ate Indian food everyday for like 3 dollars a meal. Beer was 90 cents or so...30 rupees! We were there as a group of like 40 crazy canucks...
I met a few people, learned a lot about homeopathy...partied, got closer to my colleagues, and enjoyed the beach and the water. My beach hut overlooked the private cove we were in, and I woke up with the waves of the ocean that was right at my front porch. It was a great time and I did a lot of self-reflecting! India is truly a place to find yourself and seek your purpose. It gave me a totally different persepctive on life and reason.
It also opened my eyes to how poor and desolate this country is. The things that I saw; the places they lived in, the clothes they wore, their lifestyle made me realize how fortunate I am to have the things I need, live in a comfortable home, have accesss to food and clean water. People make barely anything there.
On a lighter note, I was bumped by a cow the first day I was there. It was a run on joke for the whole trip and I even had nicknames like "Bull Whisperer", " Talking with Bulls", "Bull's Bitch!" And do I look Japanese? Cause everywhere I went I was asked or labelled as a Nip.
I have a few pics, but we had a couple people that took lots of pics. I will get a copy from one of the guy's when he comes back and organizes all the photos into an album and I'll post some up!
Namaste!
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Stories and Rantings of our Alcoholic Friends
Contributors
Previous Posts
- It's funny, the company announces their annual res...
- The leap year bday boy had his dinner and pseudo p...
- God I hate looking for work.Fucken frustrating as ...
- Got back from another boarding trip, this time we ...
- Oh forgot to mention, went ot some lounge in TO it...
- Ha,So I went to the Hockey Hall of Fame in TO and ...
- I figured I should probably put up a legitimate po...
- Well today was fun... woke up early and drove my M...
- Well, I'm work on a rainy saturday morning. For my...
- Okay guys,My plan to be alcohol free for 60 days i...

1 Comments:
Whoa, the line that sticks out is:
"I met a few people, learned a lot about homo's..."
Post a Comment
<< Home