Hi, it's been a while since i've posted a real post on here. Today has been a good day so far. My senior manager just told me i've been promoted with a pay-raise, so i'm pretty happy about that. She's like "now hopefully you'll be happy at work!" I assume it's because everyone sees me mope around the office wishing i was in Tibet.
But now I'm at a cross-roads, the usual money or happiness decision. D don't know whether to stay or to go. I've been applying to other jobs trying to break out of IT work (migrate to a business analyst type position). I know staying here will kill me with boredom, but it's a steady job. But if i take the chance to take another job, my dreams of a more glorious career will be back on track. And i really need to get into an office where everyone speaks english. The culture shock is finally hitting me and it's driving me up the wall.
My string of luck keeps going today as i just purchased a Marshall guitar amp from a guy at work (we have an intranet marketplace where colleagues post up ads and stuff). The model i got is rare and hard to find in stores (i checked yesterday and all stock is gone). So i can finally pick up my guitar again. I'm also planning on getting a bass; I went shopping for one last night but couldn't find one i liked.
Been playing tennis as usual, the heat is unbelievable. I doubt any of you could imagine me with a tshirt soaking wet with sweat. But more tennis and less drinking, that's what i've been doing in my spare time.
My sister's coming in next week so that'll be cool to take her around. And yes, i was in edmonton a couple weeks ago for a week. Urgent family matters so boo to that. Sorry i couldn't call any of you up, it was a family thing and leaving the house was not appropriate. But I think i'll be back in July for a real vacation. Don, get a status check on your liver because you'd better believe it, i'm drinking HARD this time. I've already informed my mom that this will be MY vacation.
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Stories and Rantings of our Alcoholic Friends
Contributors
Previous Posts
- man does anyone still write on this?? lets keep it...
- Are you guys bored?I mean lately I've been feeling...
- The Deception of Women:Ok bitches.Let's take a gir...
- Warming up for our last boarding trip!
- GOOGLE CALENDARRecently I was approached by my bos...
- Ahhhh I'll list a few memorable moments for fun to...
- Achievements at my age....definitely under! but th...
- This got me thinking about the great memories we h...
- I've been in Toronto for a little more than 2 mont...

5 Comments:
haha dude, good hearing from you! and looking forward to showing your liver and my liver a jolly good time!
oh and congrats on the promo/raise!
congrats on the promo/raise dude
i hope to see you all very soon
you plan on staying in HK for awhile then? or do you plan on making a move back to NA one day?
Congrats little dinkie!
Pre-drinking will strictly be a non-wholesome affair.
I think i still have 5-10 years left in HK. But my goal is to get back to NA at some point in time, but right now just isn't it. I need to set out a career I'm satisfied with before I take it the next step to move back. Although I've grown really accustomed to my life here, there are some things I can live without such as pollution and chronic chinese BO.
Post a Comment
<< Home