I've been in Toronto for a little more than 2 months. And I can honestly say that I don't like it too much. It's a vibrant city and all but when it comes down to it, I enjoy the West so much more. Even the people 'in general' seem to be easier to get along with.. people here are always way too composed and sometimes a little too serious.
But I guess it can all change once I start working here, but after some serious considerations. I think even if I were to get a job here I wouldn't be as happy as if I got a job in Calgary/Vancouver/Edmonton.
No matter how less vibrant the cities may seem, just the general city I tend to enjoy more. I guess big cities I only like while I spend a few days there for vacation, but not the type of place that I would like to settle.
Hey Thingies, when you were in TO, did you you enjoy it here?
Monday, April 03, 2006
Stories and Rantings of our Alcoholic Friends
Contributors
Previous Posts
- Here's a question for you boys.Are you happy where...
- anyone else excited to see the movie "stay alive"?...
- Have u ever had facial rejuvenation acupuncture do...
- Got the xbox and played Perfect Dark Zero. Holy c...
- Yo Amigos,I have a big interview next week with De...
- Rules of engagement:Look but don't touchtouch but ...
- how about a bet where i train my son to rail your ...
- Party at the Bier MarktMan, I'm such a cheap drunk...
- yes don..i do belive that was the bet..whoever get...
- Fuck i hate cars. My 96000km service is coming and...

5 Comments:
true enuf,
TO is undoubtedly the place to be for your field, however the competition for those jobs is probably 10x as intense. It also doesn't help that you have a UofA degree. Easterners will hire easterners.
Triple D is right, in ontario, you're competing against people from Waterloo, McGill, UofT, etc. They really look out for their own over there.
But i liked toronto and how there was a bar on every corner. I met cool people and enjoyed the weekends hanging out. I would've loved to stay.
But you realize you have to go where the job takes you. I totally didn't expect to move to HK, i gave up that dream a long time ago.
And oh yeah, the city is what you make it to be. For people that think edmonton sucks, it's because they haven't tried hard enough or have a poor definition of "fun". Any city will be the same...boring if you want it to be, fun if you want it to be.
Honestly, Edmonton = Toronto = Hong Kong.
I agree with little dinky...
When I first came here, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't like TO at all and I thought it could grow on me, but more and more I realize that no matter what you do here, or who you meet, it's still not the same as back out west. I feel more comfortable there; more free. It's a concrete jungle here, I'm not as active as back home, and people never smile. I'm glad that I go to my school cause it's literally a different world compared to TO.
I can't wait to leave TO...I'll miss the people that I've gotten close to here, but I can see that this chapter in my life is closing, and I'm awaiting the new one soon.
i agree that a city is what you make it to be. in the end its all about what you put into it and makign the effort to make it fun and doing things. but there are certain aspects that i find more.. "cozier" out west.. maybe because its more home to me, perhaps cuz its not too big and not too small (not that TO is really huge or anything).
but people here are somewhat different. i have met people here that are cool and all, but when i compare TO to van or TO to edmonton or whatever, there are perks to each individual city but i just realized that i would be happier out west (closer to home too).. i'm sure if i worked here and gave it time i would like it here as well.
but i know im not goign to stay here for long term anyway
Post a Comment
<< Home