Saturday, April 01, 2006

Here's a question for you boys.

Are you happy where you are at right now in life? Do you feel as though that at this age, or where you currently are that your expectations of yourself have not been met? Exceeded? underachieved? in what way..

It can be spiritually, financially, relationship, career, personal.

I've just been thinking a lot of things these days and just wondering where all of you guys are at.. seems as tho we are all in different places around the world and experiencing different things..
Some of us still in school, others getting married, others in serious relationships, good jobs, no jobs, etc, etc.

So given your age, are you content?

11 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Little Thingies said...

I realized it's not about being satisfied with your pay, relationships, or whatever. It's about accepting the the real world. Once you do that, expectations vanish.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Triple D said...

Question is how much do you expect from what you've put in?

If you've worked your nuts off and you get jack, of course you'd be dissatisfied. If you've done jack all and expect it all then maybe it's time to rethink expectations.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Little Thingies said...

Very good point. To add more to your point:

Being dissastisfied will always be a sad fact of life. I've completed big projects only to get no credit (management of course will always get all).

And then the point about doing jack will always stand. No exceptions or sympathy for that one.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Sheki said...

seems as though there are so many things to accept about the real world.
sometimes its so easily to just assume that you've taken the proper steps in life to get further ahead or be successful, but it doesnt necessarily mean that you will get there. sorta shitty i guess but t'is life.
its a definite shot to pride

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Sheki said...

It seems like if you just "accept" the real world, then you just become content with everything and a lack fo satisfaction....
Then again, I guess accepting the real world can also make you work harder since you realize how shitty life can be.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Triple D said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Triple D said...

Working hard is only part of the success equation, a bit of luck and timing makes up rest the of success.

Keep at it dude, I personally think that I'm behind in all aspects of my life goals except for having fun, hah. But keep at it cause you don't want to be lacking the hard work part of the eqtn when the your luck turns around.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Triple D said...

I have a friend that always keeps his expectations low cause he doesnt want to feel shitty about underachieving...

Could he have a point?

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Dr. Ken J. Chu said...

It's all about perspective!

It's a journey, real world or not, life is what you make of it.

It's a growing process. There's gonna be times of pure shit, and there's gonna be times of pure joy.

It's all in YOU! Doors can be open or can be closed, but it's whether or not YOU can see it and can accept what is happening at a given moment...good or bad.

Life is life for whatever it's worth. There's not always an understanding for something happening, but there's a reason for it. I don't believe in coincidences.

Life isn't a box of chocolates it's a fuckin' roller coaster ride.

As for me, Yes, I am content with my life. For all the things that have happened to me, it has made me into who I am today, and the things I do now will affect who I will become. So it's not like I can really ponder or dwell in the past, it's what I can learn from it. Sure I've made my fair share of mistakes and I've bitched about it whenever it comes up again, and I sure hell have tons of regrets, but what can you do really?

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Sheki said...

in all things, i would say that i am content on who i am and what i have become except for those flaws that everyone has here and there. i must admit that i have been very fortunate in life with family, friends and many other blessings. perhaps maybe these expectations that i have of myself make me wonder why i'm not there or where i want to be at this age. its hard at times b/c you come here and there is plenty of work yet you have a hard time finding certain things.. but maybe its good this way b/c i know i don't like TO that much anyway.. honestly i dunno how dinkie did it staying here without going crazy and losing his mind. in all honesty, for me im getting frustrated and impatient and its only been 2 months.
but gotta keep head up i guess dont' get too discouarged, too much sorrow in the world as is

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Little Thingies said...

I know it's tough to get your start. But avoid applying for jobs by using the internet exclusively. Think about how people used to do it before the days of the internet. Meet people, anyone - i gave a random stranger at a bar a smoke, he appreciated it and we started talking up. His brother-in-law owned a small software firm...just like that I got a hookup (but i never followed up on it, stupid me). Get people to send you internal postings. Screw getting jobs on your own merit. Play dirty and schmooze your way in.

And try to come up with a daily schedule for yourself. For me, applying for jobs would be a full afternoon job. But afterwards I'd play some games, go walk around the mall, watch a movie, buy some groceries, etc. Just do whatever you can to give yourself a normal day. TO won't seem as harsh once you get yourself disciplined.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home