What's everyone up to these days? For myself, I think I've pinpointed the next realistic step in my career. I've spent like 2 months thinking about this and talked to numerous people. I've had to consider (in order of importance):
1) Is my goal realistic?
2) Is the move gonna be horizontal or vertical?
3) Will this move put me on the right path? (I dont' want to be complaining about making a wrong choice).
4) Is this job transferable across different markets and regions?
5) What kind of people do I want to work with?
I realized my previous job applications were aiming waaaay too high. So I've decided to to combine my current job with a bigger scope. Either IT Auditor or Information Risk Management - either one is a step away from true IT work and a step towards a more generalized skillset that's ready for any type of bank or financial firm. Risk management seems very interesting while auditing is just a step in that direction.
But enough talk, time to make it happen. Got my CV ready to go.
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Stories and Rantings of our Alcoholic Friends
Contributors
Previous Posts
- I need some new tunes to listen to. I have no spec...
- Well it is the first day of summer today. Beautifu...
- So I got my buddy who is a personal trainer to giv...
- Condo vs House?Pros vs Cons.post up.
- Man, if Oilers win the conference finals, the city...
- Damn oilers.It was so much fun seeing you guys ove...
- GO OILERS GO! GAME OVER SHARKS!Went to Whyte to ce...
- Little Thingies has given me a great idea... the p...
- Ok, i'm not trying to ruin the fun here, but i thi...
- Hey boys,I haven't been on the net too much, I've ...

1 Comments:
I surf the net all day. Go for lunch at Edo's every day, then go home and surf pron all night.
It's too bad Thingies u wont be making it back to Dedmonton for the get together.
My work is pretty niche which is good because value is found in things rare. But I'm worried about losing my adaptability and viability. So I'm trying to formulate a game plan that can round out skillset, and improve my marketability.
I just dont know where to start...
Post a Comment
<< Home