Sunday, June 04, 2006

So I got my buddy who is a personal trainer to give me a BMI(body mass index) or whatever the hell it is by electrolysis.

I have no idea regarding the accuracy of these nifty scale devices that shoot up some electric current and measures your body fat based upon this and that.

Anyways, it spits out a piece of paper with some numbers on it. I look at my friend and he just starts laughing at me.. so i'm obviously laughing too thinking.. "oh god, what did it say, did i break the machine"?

No..

Turns out that the machine thinks that I have 25.3% body fat.. to me that sounds a little bit ridiculous.. and I have no idea how accurate this fucken machine is.. but my friend got a good kick out of it, I however did not and was the punch line to all jokes for the next week.

Anyways, after that we proceeded to do a workout, and I must admit, it has definately been a long time since I have done something active. I believe the last time I did some physical activiity was my attempt of doign Pilates at Chewey's house back in TO. That was short lived.

So I turned out being a fatty guinea pig for my friend at fitness world. he made me do jumping jacks (which he mocked me cuz i supposedly did them backwards), i had to do bench hops and do drag mats across the floor while people are running on their treadmill. he basically made me look like a fool and as I was on my arms and dragging mats with my toes and doing some weird pushups.. i am positive that i amused everyone in the gym and they were all scratching their heads as they are watching me wondering what kind of workout this was.

My friend has a crude sense of humor and did not allow me to have water breaks so by the end of teh workout I just stopped listening to him and just drank on my own.

The finale: yeah, i almost puked, good thing i didn't yak but damnit i was so close. Our other friend went to go see this guy the week before.. and he puked. But he was 21% body fat.

I'm a hero. go me

3 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Dr. Ken J. Chu said...

BMR is a better assessment than BMI...you can actually calculate your BMI using a formula!!

It's a machine that you hold with your hands right? Those are less accurate than the ones that connect one hand and the opposite foot. Essentially (technically) it emits an electrical signal and it measures the resistance to and from the machine. That can determine your body fat content using certain mathematical algorithms.

Sheki...you should continue with Pilates...and change your diet!!! Then you won't have a body fat number that a typical woman has!!!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger dinodino said...

hmmm , avg human body has roughly 20% of body weight of bones, 50-70% body weight of water......so 25% bf...??? congrats!!all chub baby!! j/k... I want to poke your stomach and hear u giggle.....
=)

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Sheki said...

pillsbury P, i'm like dough

 

Post a Comment

<< Home